Wednesday 16 September 2015

Meeting some of the team

A couple of days later, I got word that Ann from the FB group High Wycombe– Donations for Refugees had managed to find a storage area in West Wycombe. Not a moment too soon, I can tell you! I had another fully loaded car, which I had been driving around for days as there was nowhere to unload it to (Bay Tracks Ltd by now was also full!) and there was at least one more boot-full of donations completely filling my hallway!

It was great to finally get to meet a few other members of the team when I got down to West Wycombe to drop off one (of many!!) car load of donations. I eagerly set about helping with some sorting.

The storage area was already beginning to fill up and the task of sorting was a little daunting, to say the least. I likened it to how you would feel arriving at the foot of an erupted volcano to help with the clean up operation, carrying just a dustpan and brush!

Sorting was addictive too, boxes and bags were quickly gone through and items put into labelled boxes. It gave me an enormous sense of achievement by the time I left for home - much later than I had anticipated - did I mention it was VERY addictive?!!

A few more days went by and more donations were dropped at my front door by lovely people and I delivered them down to West Wycombe.

Ann set me up as one of the High Wycombe - Donations for Refugees group Admins to help with the ever increasing number of questions and offers of donations to the group. I set about helping as much as I could around work and the family, which was frustrating as the time I had free just never seemed to be and wasn't enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment