Thursday 22 October 2015

Syria Appeal

There were an enormous amount of donations left back at the warehouse after the Calais trip and these are heading to the heart of Syria on the 24th October courtesy of the charity One Nation.

Unfortunately I was quite ill when we got back from Calais, a cold which turned into a sinus and chest infection, so I was out of action for two weeks. I felt detached from this collection, compared to Calais.

Thankfully I was able to get to the warehouse on the 22nd October after work; I was totally blown away by the amount of aid there was in there! The general public have surpassed by wildest expectations with this appeal.

The container lorry is arriving on Sunday to fill with these donations - I will be very surprised if all this stuff fits into one container, but hopefully it will as we need to vacate our warehouse by next Tuesday :(



No comments:

Post a Comment